Saturday, October 11, 2008

Mickey has an evil twin

My day started yesterday with my brother's announcement that there was a rat in the house, and that he ( my brother) was on his way to work. How can you leave for work knowing there is a rat loose in the house? I don't know. But Abby and I went on the search for the little rodent before I left for work. Turns out he must have been an art conniseur as he was hiding behind an Ansel Adams print tucked behind the front door. Abby went in full tracking mode, narrowing down the exact location. I prepared to push the print and frame up against the wall to trap the little monster when BAM! He flew up in the air about three feet! At 6:20 in the morning, I am screaming because a rat is lunging at me and it's dark, and I can't see, and there is a rodent leaping toward my face, aiming to scratch out my eyes, I am sure! As he dropped down, he scratched his nail down my leg (yes, please, take a moment and shudder! It was a moment to be shuddered at!) and high tailed it back to the kitchen. Here is the moment when I can stop and thank the idiot who put in the cabinets in the kitchen. The moron took a shortcut and left the under part of where the floor and cabinets join incomplete. It gave the shorthair a place to escape (and I am sure acted as his entrance door), and he was gone gone gone. I got ready for work, and turned the lights out, hoping my set trap would be sprung by the time we came back from our morning walk, but no luck. Mickey's evil twin is still at large. So if anyone has any good traps lying around...

No comments: